WordPress/Full Stack Web Developer
We are looking for a passionate, motivated WordPress developer, who is always eager to produce world-class work for premium clients. The ideal candidate believes that the web should provide a unified experience no matter what device people use. You pride yourself in elegant, organized code, attention to detail, and being at the forefront of technology. You are comfortable working on your own, as well as in a team in a modern open office, and you like to challenge, mentor, and learn from your peers.
You will be responsible for building web applications, services, themes and plugins using WordPress, PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS and JS.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of PHP and WordPress
- Experience creating buttery smooth, front-end animation
- Fully responsive website development
- WordPress plugin development
- Experience creating complex SQL queries to pull specific data
- Fundamental knowledge of Linux command line
- Cron Scheduling
- Knowledge in Search Engine Optimization and Website Optimization
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Using Project Management software
- PC Operating Systems (Windows & Linux)
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly understand design requirements
- Planning, building and launching websites
- Attention to Pixels (a must!)
- Git & SVN
- Experience creating end-user documentation for website applications
- Self-motivator; able to grasp concepts quickly with minimal supervision, take ownership of problems and follow them through to completion
- Articulate communicator who is able to present ideas in written format that can easily be understood by others
If you think you would be a good fit for our team, please apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
Pixelcarve is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.