Senior Art Director & User Experience UX Designer for Web Agency
Pixelcarve is looking for a Senior Art Director & User Experience (UX) Designer to join our Toronto team. You are responsible for designing compelling digital experiences from conception to delivery in a cross-functional environment. You will collaborate with creative, development and strategy teams to ship world-class digital experiences for leading companies.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of project needs by attending design thinking workshops, performing user research, conducting user tests, and designing rich interactive experiences
- Identify areas of opportunities for clients and solve functional challenges through brainstorming, ideating, and designing digital solutions with other members of the team
- Work with developers and consultants to understand technology requirements and business objectives as they relate to the designs of the products
- Build industry-leading solutions by staying up to date with design best practices and latest technologies
- Contribute to Pixelcarve’s overall design culture by learning emerging software, standards and processes
Skills & Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience in digital design for web and mobile
- Strong conceptual thinking and design execution abilities in both visual and interaction design
- Intimate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping tools, including Adobe XD
- Expertise in motion graphics and web or mobile development is a bonus
- Organization, interpersonal and communication skills, with a passion towards the digital space
Bonus Points: You have a passion for photography, cinematography, and branding design. Our most successful team members are cross-functional and multi disciplinary in their design thinking and execution – make sure to highlight this experience in your cover letter if you have!
Pixelcarve is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.