QA Quality Assurance Tester
Quality Assurance testers must be motivated self-starters who are prepared to proactively analyze requirements and work with developers, project manager and client teams to understand the needed functional specifications/targets of the digital solution(s) to create and execute tests. As testing is one of the final steps which occurs very close to the implementation of a new product launch or update, the effectiveness of testing and remediation efforts have a direct impact upon a client’s end-user experience and is therefore one of the more publicly visible roles in the QA cycle. The candidate must exhibit a level of self-confidence and an ability to clearly communicate to all levels of an organization and multiple stakeholders.
This role provides testing and application expertise to digital web projects. Skill requirements include: 2 or more years of experience in delivering testing and QA services for various project sizes. Good understanding of testing and development methodologies and their interaction throughout the full systems development life cycle. Solid experience in testing methodology and industry standard practices to perform functional software testing. Technical skill requirements include: Basic understanding of software and databases; ability to create test cases, ability to investigate and troubleshoot digital solutions (previous development experience an asset, ability to provide input to estimates for testing effort. Good communication skills in English mandatory (French desirable).
- Develop a framework for testing the reliability, performance, and scalability of our Digital Solutions
- Create, maintain, and execute test cases based on Business Requirement documents and acceptance criteria
- Understand and use appropriate automated testing processes and tools.
- Interact with the project team to gain an understanding of the business environment and technical context.
- Ensure the quality standard, process and procedure are followed
- Create and maintain User Guides, Administrator Guides and Release Notes
- Analyze the results of the testing process and recommend solutions for issues.
- Report on progress and create defects.
- Proficient in testing processes and testing metrics to: review test summary report, provide testing project feedback and archive testing assets to verify completion of testing
- Staying current on established tools, techniques, and technologies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- College or university graduate, preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems or with equivalent employment experience
- 3-5 years’ experience doing QA on web development solutions in a team environment
- Experience creating end-user documentation for technical applications
- Self-motivator; able to grasp concepts quickly with minimal supervision, take ownership of problems and follow them through to completion
- Articulate communicator who is able to present ideas in written format that can easily be understood by others
What will set you apart?
- Proven ability to implement a new QA framework in a website development environment
- Demonstrated experience with popular industry tools for managing defects and work items
- Outstanding communication skills; both oral and written
If you think you would be a good fit for our team, please apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
Pixelcarve is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.