UI/UX Web Designer
We are looking for a passionate, energetic individual who is always eager to produce world-class work for premium clients. The ideal candidate believes that the web should provide a unified experience no matter what device people use. You pride yourself in elegant, organized design files, attention to detail, and being at the forefront of design trends. You are comfortable working on your own, as well as in a team in a modern open office, and you like to challenge, mentor, and learn from your peers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create stunning professional graphics, from icons to full documents.
- Design beautiful, intuitive, and functional user experiences for desktop, tablets and mobile.
- Work as a collaborative team member with clients, developers, and fellow designers
- Collaborating with developers to ensure that the vision of the design team is successfully implemented
- Design and production of branding materials, websites, mobile apps, etc.
- Working to corporate brand guidelines if required
- Contribute to business objectives by aligning design with accompanying results
- Working within project schedules and multi-tasking to meet deadlines
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate diploma or degree in graphic design or related field.
- 2-3 years of professional experience as an user interface designer
- Have a portfolio of design work that is clear and professional
- Excellent graphic design skills (motion graphics experience a plus)
- Be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Thorough understanding of usability and user centered design
- Have great vision, an aesthetic eye and creativity
- Have passion for solving complex problems through design thought processes
- Be self-motivated, open-minded, creative, and self-critical; be collaborative and communicative
- Enjoy working in small, dynamic team
- Proficiency with PC and Mac
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS is a plus
- Have experience working independently with clients
If you think you would be a good fit for our team, please submit your resume and work examples.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.
Pixelcarve is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.