SEO Services Have Changed: Here’s What You Need to Know Before You Pay Too Much to Jumpstart Your Business
Building a strong SEO strategy is the most cost-effective way to organically drive more people to your website and increase conversions. But it’s not as simple as you think. In an effort to return users the most relevant results, Google and other search engines are continually tweaking their algorithms, so what used to work doesn’t anymore. What difference does keeping up with the latest in SEO make for businesses in the know?
- According to a recent report, organic search drives 51% of traffic to websites.
- Another study found that 60% of organic clicks go to the top three organic search results.
- According to Google, the top listing of organic search results receives 33% of traffic.
While old SEO services focused on singular keywords, page optimization, and increasing rankings, modern day SEO programs focus on how people engage your brand, products, and services, as well as maximizing ROI. How much are you willing to adjust your SEO strategy to increase visibility? What techniques truly make a difference, and what techniques should your business set aside?
When you want to know how much impact current SEO strategies can have on your business, it is essential to work with a company that understands what search engines, especially Google, and your customers are looking for.
In this article, we will take a closer look at what every business should know about SEO.
1.) SEO is more than just a single technique
You may be among those who believe SEO is a singular technique – put some keywords on your website and Google will magically find you. But SEO is a mix of tools and strategies that work together to get your business more visibility and traffic. That’s why it is so critical. It doesn’t matter if you have a dynamic, engaging website. It doesn’t matter if your content provides value and your lead strategy is efficient, if nobody can find your business’ website, none of it is going to produce results. SEO isn’t something to think about after your website has already been built. It’s something that should be a priority from day one.
SEO encompasses a body of practices that affect all aspects of your online marketing strategy. It’s not about fooling the search engine into thinking your website is better. It’s about doing things the right way and taking the right steps to be a better source of information than your competition. That takes creating genuinely relevant content that is coordinated, indexed, and promoted to the right audience through the proper online channels.
2.) Tracking rankings is irrelevant
Many people figure that achieving top rankings for head terms is a key indicator of a successful SEO strategy. But if you are focusing on head terms, you are missing the point. Aside from being expensive and tremendously competitive, head terms don’t provide much traffic that actually converts. Search is now a long tail game. While ranking for national terms is great for branding and overall traffic, most firms who leverage effective SEO are finding that long tail phrases convert the best and are also easier to achieve, thereby yielding higher ROI. Consider the following findings:
- According to a recent study, head term search volume is down by 8%
- On average, pages optimized for long tail keywords climb up 11 positions, as compared to 5 positions for head terms
- Conversion rates for long-tail keywords are 2.5 times higher than for head terms.
Rather than game your ranking for head terms that provide such little ROI, your business should concentrate on optimizing for long tail traffic. For example, if your business sold laptop components, rather than optimizing for “laptop” and components” or “laptop components,” you would go for something longer such as “static free laptop components.” This frees you from tracking meaningless rankings, and lets you concentrate on developing a long tail strategy that is focused on content marketing.
- Keyword-rich content is obsolete
Having the right content makes a huge difference in your search engine rankings. However, many businesses still create content that is low-quality and has little relevance for their target audience. If you want to rank for “laptop components”, you can’t just use that phrase throughout your web page and expect to rank well. Search engines are smarter than that, and they are focused on users.
Instead of creating keyword-rich content specifically for search engines, try writing content that is useful for your target audience and website visitors. If you take this simple step and write content that focuses on their needs, search engines like Google are going to take notice and rank your business’ website appropriately.
- Recently, a global survey of marketing professionals found that 57% of marketers cited quality content creation as the most effective SEO tactic.
- The same study also revealed that 74% of marketers worldwide planned to spend more on content marketing.
- According to an Econsultancy survey, 45% of businesses state content marketing is “highly integrated” with their SEO strategy.
Content marketing goes hand-in-hand with SEO. That’s why developing a content marketing strategy that gets the right information, to the right people, via the right channels is so important. You want people talking about your content and sharing it so that you can generate inbound links and traffic. But how do you do that? The most effective strategy is developing a content mix that supports the voice and personality you want for your business. It’s important to remember that:
- According to a recent study 60% of customers feel more positive about a brand after reading custom content on its site.
- Another survey found that 90% of customers find custom content useful, and 78% believed that organizations that provide custom content are interested in building relationships with them.
As a premium creative agency, Pixelcarve offers the best SEO services for our clients in Toronto and abroad. If your business needs help improving your search position, developing relevant content that gets visitors involved, or simply wants to rank locally for geographically centred searches, our talented team of SEO experts would like to show you how we can put search engines to work for your business. Want proof? Check out our own results. https://www.google.ca/search?q=web+development+toronto
Find out more by sending us an email, and let us know your own experience with SEO in the comments below.
Sign up to receive more free marketing insights & industry trends.
- Pixelcarve Soars to the Top of the Ranks on Clutch!
- The History of YouTube
- Pixelcarve featured as a Top Canadian Digital Strategy Agency, Web Designer, Graphic Designer, and a Top Video Production Agency
- The 13 Most Important Features For Your Law Firm Website
- 7 Tips for Displaying Lawyer Bios on Your Website